Capital Caring Children and Teen Bereavement Programs
For nearly two decades, Capital Caring has embraced grieving children and teens by offering grief support through specialized bereavement programs held in individual Capital Caring neighborhoods across the MD, VA and the D.C. metropolitan region. At Capital Caring, we provide one-on-one counseling sessions, support groups and special bereavement programs to not only help our Capital Caring families, but to assist anyone in the community who is struggling with loss. Each Capital Caring neighborhood offers different styles of bereavement programs with the goal of connecting individuals with others who have also suffered a loss in safe and supportive environment. The next Point of Hope Camp will be held November 5 at Glasgow Farm in Capital Caring’s Fredericksburg neighborhood and is intended for middle school-aged students.
For more information about Fredericksburg bereavement services for children and teens, please contact Tara Hoit at firstname.lastname@example.org or 540-295-7223.
Capital Caring Bereavement Programs Offer Participants:
- Emotional and physical support in a safe and non-judgmental environment.
- Support and understanding from others who have experienced a similar loss; offering understanding and compassion.
- The opportunity to begin the healing process through sharing their own story and hearing the stories of others.
- Coping skills to help them through the most difficult days of their grief journey.
- Hope through companionship with people who “get it” and understand first-hand what they’re going through.
- The opportunity to discover new traditions and ideas to keep loved ones present in their hearts and memories.
- Increased understanding of how children and other family members react to loss. We give families tools for how to communicate with each other about the death. We offer suggestions for keeping lines of communication open for meaningful connection and support.