Join Us and Show You Care
Capital Caring would truthfully not exist without our volunteers. In 1977, this organization was founded by a group of dedicated volunteers, deeply committed to making a profound and positive impact in our community.
We are always looking for caring, compassionate people like you, who want to give something back to their community. If you would like to help families as they cope with a serious illness, consider volunteering with Capital Caring.
Capital Caring’s volunteers are core members of our care teams. Comprising of many diverse backgrounds, each of our volunteers bring special skills to improve our ability to offer excellent care. Regardless of what type of skill you have to offer, you will enjoy the rewarding experience of working with inspiring and caring people. We hope you consider joining us today!
Change a Life….Become a Capital Caring Volunteer Today!
There are many ways to contribute your time, talents and experience as a volunteer. Below are a few examples of the many key roles volunteers play throughout the organization. For the full list, click here.
- Provide comfort and companionship to our seriously ill Hospice Services patients. This can be done by engaging in a variety of tasks, such as reading to a patient who may not have loved ones close by or running an errand for a stressed family.
- Give support over the phone and in-person to those who have lost a loved one and are grieving.
- Help increase public awareness about hospice and palliative care by networking, staffing information tables and providing presentations.
- Provide art or music therapy to patients and families.
- Organize lively fundraising events with Resource Development.
- Sort, price and sell goods in our thrift shop in Falls Church, VA. Learn more about our Thrift Store here.
- Help with administrative duties.
- Maintain our beautiful therapeutic garden at our Halquist Memorial Inpatient Center.