Join Us and Show You Care
We’re looking for caring, compassionate people like you, who want to give something back to their community. If you truly want to help make someone’s life better as they cope with a serious illness, consider volunteering with Capital Caring.
Capital Caring’s volunteers are core members of our care teams. They are diverse, springing from all walks of life, and each person brings special skills that improve our ability to offer excellent care. No matter what type of skill you have to offer, you’ll work side by side with inspiring and deeply caring people. We hope you consider joining us today.
Capital Caring would not exist without our volunteers, not only because they play such a vital role in our daily operations, but also as a matter of historical fact. The organization was founded in 1977 by a group of dedicated volunteers, deeply commited to making a profound and positive impact in our community.
Change a Life….Become a Capital Caring Volunteer Today!
There are many ways to contribute your time, talents and experience as a volunteer. Below are a few examples of the many key roles volunteers play throughout the organization. For the full list, click here.
- Provide comfort and companionship to our seriously ill Hospice Services patients by engaging in tasks such as reading to a patient who may not have loved ones close by, or running an errand for a stressed family.
- Give support over the phone and in-person to those who have lost a loved one and are grieving.
- Help increase public awareness about hospice and palliative care by networking, staffing information tables and providing presentations.
- Provide art or music therapy to patients and families.
- Organize lively fundraising events with Resource Development.
- Sort, price and sell goods in our thrift shop in Falls Church, VA. Learn more about our Thrift Store here.
- Help with administrative duties.
- Maintain our beautiful therapeutic garden at our Halquist Memorial Inpatient Center.